You are entitled to receive high quality services at ESSA and more.
- This charter provides your rights and responsibilities as a participant in our mobile services. We tailor packages to assist you to achieve your goals according to your needs and wishes.
ESSA's participants have the right:
- To being respected and treated with dignity at all times.
- To access all appropriate services regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, family background, language or disability.
- To be involved in decision-making about all the aspects of services and aids.
- To ask for a support person to advocate on their behalf about services or aids if needed.
- To take part in activities/supports recommended according to their goals, needs and wishes.
- To receive feedback about their progress throughout services to achieve goals.
- To have access to any written records about services, progresses or goals through ESSA's processes of accessing information.
As a participant with ESSA, we expect you to:
- Contribute to a home environment that is safe and supportive for everyone.
- Treat all staff and their property with respect and dignity when they are providing services at your home or venue of choice.
- Provide accurate information in the OHS checklist and other documentation to keep you safe and to avoid unnecessary risk at your home or venue of choice.
- Respect the privacy of ESSA's staff.
ESSA's Client Charter is consistent with the Department of Human Services Client Charter and the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities.
'ESSA and more' values client's feedback and has many ways to seek for feedback such as surveys, and through our SRF form from clients after every shift or workshops. We value the opportunity and your time to give us a compliment, complaint and/or suggestion in person or anonymously from people that use ESSA's services. It helps us to verify that the services are meeting the standards set out in this Client Charter.
If you have a complaint ESSA will undertake to contact you within 48 hours to discuss a time-frame to manage it.
Your feedback helps us know if we are offering the highest quality in our services, your expectations, as well as understanding issues, problems or concerns that you may have experienced. This helps us to improve the delivery of the services and will not have prejudice when providing our services to you at ESSA and more.
You can expect ESSA to:
- Receive and listen to feedback on your experiences of services at ESSA whether you have a compliment, complaint, concern or suggestion.
- Talk with the person involved directly where appropriate to raise concerns or talk directly with one of the Community Services Case Managers to inform them of a concern or make a formal complaint using ESSA complaint´s procedure.
- Make you feel free to bring a support person with you whilst you provide feedback.
- Take your complaint into account and manage it in a timely and professional manner.
- Have feedback about how you might be able to improve the outcomes of your services, unless you choose to do it anonymously.
For more information see Rights and Responsibilities for Clients Easy English ESSA 2019 handbook or managing client´s complaints policy.
As a participant can access the information 'ESSA and more' keeps about you according to our client privacy and confidentiality policy and the Victorian Information Privacy Act. You can request access to information, documents or the Policy directly to ESSA's Community Services Case Managers or contact the Director at ESSA's office or at email@example.com